Are you turning 65 or older? Are you losing your group coverage? If so, there are special enrollment period rights where all Medicare Supplemental insurance companies have to accept you and cannot ask any health questions.
If you are turning 65, you have until 65 1/2 to enroll on a guaranteed issue basis. If you are losing your group coverage, there is a 63-day period where your group coverage ends and you need to enroll on a guaranteed issue basis.
If you need medical or hospital care, Medicare does a good job but you will still need to pay deductibles and copays. This is where a Medicare Supplement plan can come in handy. A supplemental plan can cover these deductibles and copays so you have no out of pocket expenses. You can expect to have.......
- Coverage from day one with no waiting periods for pre-existing conditions
- No health questions asked with guaranteed coverage
- Freedom to choose your own doctors and hospitals
- Virtually no paperwork of claims to submit
- Medicare Part D drug plans also available
- Hospitalization Coverage - Hospitalization Part A deductible for 2021 is $1484.00. Plans F, G and N pay the $1,364.00 Medicare hospitalization deductible and all hospital copays. You pay nothing.
- Medical Coverage- After a $185.00 medical deductible is met, Medicare pays 80% of your medical expenses for the remainder of the year. Medical Part B deductible for 2021 is $203.00. Plans F, G and N will pick up the other 20%. This includes office calls, specialist visits, emergency and urgent care, diabetic supplies, MRIs, X-rays, ambulance charges, chiropractic care, preventative care, physical and speech therapy and outpatient treatments and surgeries. Under Plan N, there are up to $20.00 copays for office calls and $50.00 for emergency room visits.
If you want a Medicare Supplement plan that takes care of all deductibles and copays for medical and hospital care, then Plan F Medicare Supplemental Coverage is an excellent option. You will basically have zero copays on medical and hospital care such as: office calls, specialist visits, preventative care, physical therapy, ambulance charges, chemotherapy, chiropractic adjustments, inpatient and outpatient surgery.
If you don’t mind a once-a-year $185.00 deductible, then a Plan G Medicare Supplement plan may be for you. You can meet your deductible through office calls or medical expenses. Once the deductible is met, then for the rest of the year, Medicare covers your medical expenses at 80% and Plan G picks up the remaining 20%. You pay zero copays on office calls, specialist visits, preventative care, and inpatient and outpatient surgery after the $185.00 deductible is met.
A Plan N Medicare Supplement plan is very similar to a Plan G. You still have a $185.00 once-a-year deductible and then Medicare covers your medical expenses at 80% and the Plan N picks up the remaining 20%. With a Plan N, however, you would have up to a $20.00 copay on office calls and $50.00 copay for emergency room visits. The $50.00 copay is waived if you're admitted into the hospital. The Plan N Medicare Supplemental Plan usually has much lower premiums than a Plan G or Plan F Coverage.
**Starting January 1, 2011, yearly wellness visits and preventative care services are not subject to the $185.00 deductible or the $20.00 copay. These will be covered 100%. That’s part of the new health care reform bill that just passed.
If you would like a free price quote and/or information by mail on Plans F, G and/or N, please contact us at 800-847-9859 or fill out our online form with absolutely no obligation.